Renowned tax expert Edward Lyon, the funniest tax guy in America, challenges traditional accountants to bend the rules, maximize financial benefits, and help small business owners achieve financial success in a world shifting towards tax planning strategies and technological advancements.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Delve into why strategic tax planning plays a vital role in small business growth.
- Distinguish how financial mindset diverges between entrepreneurs and accountants.
- Determine ways to employ tax credits as a business growth strategy.
- Acquaint with the benefits of integrating state-of-the-art technology in tax planning.
- Design a suitable lifestyle that balances both flexibility and fulfilment as a business entrepreneur.
The key moments in this episode are:
- [00:02:04] – The Power of Tax Planning
- [00:05:18] – The Difference Between Planning and Projection
- [00:09:47] – Ineffective Tax Planning
- [0:14:35] – Comprehensive Tax Planning
- [00:16:04] – The Importance of a Business Owner Mindset
- [00:17:08] – The Difference Between Accountants and Attorneys
- [00:19:27] – New Trends in Tax Planning
- [00:23:36] – Future Plans and Expansion
- [00:32:18] – The Value of Working with Great People
“Taxes are not just numbers in boxes. By implementing tax planning strategies, you can take control of your finances and your place in the economy, leading to a better quality of life and confidence in your future.” – Ed Lyon
Importance of effective tax planning Tax planning goes beyond merely crunching numbers, it involves a strategic approach towards controlling your finances and securing future wealth. By proactively implementing tax-saving strategies such as selecting the right business entity structure and considering various tax credits, you set yourself up for significant financial benefits. Ed’s expertise allows him to explain how effective tax planning can greatly impact your business’s financial outcomes and quality of life.
Distinction between financial perspectives The financial approach taken by accountants versus entrepreneurs stands out in this episode. Where accountants are rule-followers by nature, entrepreneurs find innovative ways within the rules to maximize their financial results. As Ed emphasizes, embracing an entrepreneurial mindset when it comes to tax planning can be the key to building a more successful and financially secure business.
Hidden advantages of tax credits Tax credits such as the Employer Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) and the research and development (R&D) credit provide direct benefits, unlike deductions. Ed highlights the importance of understanding and utilizing these credits to fuel business growth. Taking advantage of these often overlooked aspects of tax planning can provide significant financial relief and opportunities for reinvestment back into your business. The pain of taking ineffective actions and not achieving the desired outcome in your service business can be overwhelming. It’s time to break free from the cycle and discover the power of effective tax planning strategies.
About Ed Lyon: Ed has written nearly a dozen books on taxes and tax planning. Ed writes two weekly tax columns for over 100,000 tax professionals and their clients, making him one of the most widely-read tax strategists in the country. He’s the founder of the Tax Master Network, the Tax Architect AI Software (previously TaxCoach Software), and speaks regularly to audiences of tax professionals and business owners. He’s appeared on over 500 television and radio broadcasts, including CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNBC. Ed has nearly three decades of experience in the tax and financial services industries, where he focuses on helping business owners take advantage of the tax code’s legal, moral, and ethical strategies to pay less in taxes. He currently serves as Chief Tax Strategist for Financial Gravity Companies, Inc. (OTCQB:FGCO) Ed Lyon earned his Bachelor’s from Hamilton College and his JD from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he served as Executive Editor of the University of Cincinnati Law Review.
Connect With Ed!
Book a complimentary Profit Impact Call with Diane Gardner. She’ll find $50,000 in 30 Minutes!